About Cairo Marine Service
Founded in 1955 in the historic river town of Cairo, Illinois, Cairo Marine Service (CMS) was instrumental in the initial awareness, implementation and use of marine surveys.
Since then, Cairo Marine Service has been frequently called in either by owners or insurance companies to generate independent, third party reports, furnish factual data, opinions and conclusions.
In 1961, CMS was one of the first organizations in the United States to receive OSHA accreditation for the inspection and certification of material handling devices through the maritime division, an honor which we have held continuously under the Regulations of Title 29, Part 1919, Gear Certification through today.
CMS is now one of the largest marine, crane inspection and certification corporations in existence. T. Bruce Marrs, owner, President and CEO, purchased Cairo Marine Service, Inc. in 1994 and moved the headquarters to Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Cairo Marine Service has field offices located strategically along the inland waterways system to better serve our customers needs.
Today, we have offices in:
Cape Girardeau, MO
East Alton, IL
West Paducah, KY
Golden Meadow, LA
We owe our great success to the thousands of customers who have placed their trust in CMS and have allowed us to be an intricate part of their industrial safety and marine inspection programs. We proudly look forward to serving you today and into the 21st century.